Thursday, July 31, 2014

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip "Muffins"


While talking to my mom earlier today, she mentioned having ripe bananas that she was going to turn into bread or muffins.  But before she could do anything I stopped her so I could try out a recipe I found on Pinterest - Banana Oatmeal Cups with Chocolate Chips, from GreenLiteBites.  They looked super simple and seriously delish.  Upon browsing the ingredients she listed though, I realized I didn't have a few, so I made some substitutions.  

These take about 10 minutes or less to whip up, and bake for only about 20.  Make them any time of day and store them for a simple breakfast on the go or before work/class.  Most of these ingredients are kept around the house or apartment, and could easily be made by anyone with access to a kitchen.  Definitely a recipe I am going to continue to use and save for move-in - I'm not a morning person, so I'm gonna need some quick and easy breakfasts.  

Recipe: 
  • 2 - 3 ripe mashed bananas
  • 1 cup milk 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 3 cups rolled oats/old fashion oats
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 3-4 tbsp mini chocolate chips
  • 1-2 tsp almond extract 
Heat oven to 375 degrees

Mix all the ingredients together, adding the chocolate chips last

Prep muffin tins with liners or non stick spray

Fill muffin tins until they about full - should make around 15-18 muffins

Bake for 20-25 minutes - until golden brown and firm (and I did the toothpick test!) 

Let them cool, remove, and ENJOY! 


ORIGINAL RECIPE HERE - All credit for this recipe goes to Roni and her GreenLiteBites blog, she is the mastermind behind this recipe, this is simply my adaption.  Couldn't have done it without her

0 comments:

Post a Comment